Sunday, June 05, 2011

work, work, and more work

hey everyone! 
i am soooo tired!  i have been back to work for almost a month now.  i work 5 4hr shifts a week.  after being off for 5 months, it feels good to be back.  8-)   but i am sooooo tired!   this week i am working every night 'til 10pm.  one good thing is i don't have to pick my youngest daughter up from her job at midnight!  her shift changed and she is working days for the next 2 weeks.  thank goodness!
i am going away this coming weekend.  every year, myself, and 6 friends (one of which is my middle child), rent a cottage and go away for a weekend of food, fun, sun and relaxing.  (oh and a few drinks perhaps :)
i am looking forward to this maybe more than any other year.  i will be surrounded by people that care about me, and look out for me, but don't make me feel different.  they all know about my diabetes, but they don't make a big deal out if it.  i really appreciate this.  they all know i had triple bypass surgery in january, but they don't make a big deal out of that either.  i know they keep there eyes open but
nobody says "are you sure you should eat that" or "did you check your blood?"  they just let me be me.
my daughter is not my daughter when we're away.  she is just one of the girls.  i love her to death! 
i am praying for good weather, but even if it rains, we have a lovely fireplace, and a whole lot of movies to watch.  we will play Rummoli, and listen to some music.  the list of food is endless and we always come home feeling like we've gained about 10 lbs!!
i cant wait til friday.  i will post some pics when i get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment