Tuesday, January 17, 2012

art 101

tomorrow i start an Art Class.  i am really excited by this.  it is a painting with watercolours class.  my good friend took this class before Christmas and really enjoyed it.  she did some really good (by my estimate!) paintings, and encouraged me to join up with her.  so tomorrow i start painting.

when i was young, i used to draw.  i would copy the cartoons in the newspaper.  when i say "copy" i mean draw freehand, not trace.  and then i would make up my own words to go with the drawing.  i could draw Charlie Brown as good as Charles Schulz!(just kidding!)


 those little "love is..." cartoons,  i would draw them and give them to my boyfriend (now husband).
 

but painting?  i'm not sure how this will go.  the first couple paintings are apparently trees.  just sticks.  coloured sticks.  i am a tad nervous, to say the least.  my friend keeps telling me it's fun, it's easy, i will love it.  still not sure. 

i will go to class tomorrow, and i will let you know how it goes.  maybe i'll post a pic of my first painting. 

wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. You're going to have a great time! I'm so impressed that you're doing this, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh... so exciting! watercolour is (in my opinion) the more difficult medium to paint in. Good luck, have FUN and take your time! so exciting, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks you guys! i am excited and can't wait to get started!!

    ReplyDelete