Sunday, February 19, 2012

the day i lost my heart(again!)

today is my granddaughter's 2nd birthday.  it's hard to believe that 2 years have gone by so fast.  it seems like just yesterday that my phone rang while in Shopper's Drug Mart.  there i am picking up my D-supplies, and next thing you know i am on my way to the hospital to witness the birth of my second grand child.

you would think that all thoughts of D would take a back seat.  but alas, that is not the case.  before making my way to the hospital, i take a detour, and arrive home to pick up my "stuff".  not sure how long i will be at the hospital, i have taken the liberty of packing a D-bag. 

included in said bag, 2 insulin pens, pen tips, test strips, meter, oranges, juice boxes, crackers, cheese, toothbrush and toothpaste.  money for Tim Hortons(they have one in the hospital so it seems necessary!), and some hand cream. 

i'll skip the details of the next 6 or so hours and go right to the finale.

February 19, 2010  Aubrey was born.  the cutest little thing.  she looked just like her beautiful momma, except for the red hair (which she got from her daddy).

although i see her and her brother(a story for another day) every day, when i hear her little voice saying "hi nan", i get all soft and melty inside.

she's just my little Aubeebob.

i'm two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment