Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Good News Post!

Today my sister received the good news that the biopsy on her lymph nodes came back "all clear". Terrific news!!  She will now begin her radiation therapy sometime in January.  The Cancer clinic may still decide that she needs some chemo treatments, but that still remains to be seen.  I am very thankful for this awesome news!  Her and her husband have decided to spend the day together with their boys to celebrate!  They can now let out their collectively held breaths and look to the future.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. <3


 In other (not so important) news, I visited my DEC (diabetes education clinic) the other day, and my A1c was 7.0!  I think thats my new all-time lowest!  We did a little tweaking with basals and IS, and I will download my pump later today using the new Diasend tool that my clinic is now offering.  

I am still seeing some lows at around 3pm, so a little more tweaking at that time of day seems to be in order.

Winter seems to have arrived here.  It's snowing a little right now.  Kind of puts me in the Christmas mood.  I am off today so I may pull out some of the decorations and begin the  job of bringing the joy of Christmas indoors!  I have been collecting snowmen for a number of years, but I think this year I will only be putting out some of them.  I have close to 200 different ones.  Some big, some small.  It's a big job and with a very busy 2 1/2year old granddaughter, who wants to investigate EVERYTHING, I'm going to try to keep them to a minimum.  We'll see! LOL!


Do you have any special decorations that you collect?  
 

6 comments:

  1. GREAT news for your sister and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy!!!! :-) Great news

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that your sister is ok! That was the greatest Christmas present....ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about your sister!

    Diasend can be a little tricky to use sometimes but I think it is definitely worth it. My endo and I love it.

    ReplyDelete