Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Holiday happenings....Part 2

I arrived home on Monday at about 11am.  A little earlier than planned because I had to drive my youngest to work for 11:30, but I was OK with that.  By Monday morning we are all ready to pack up and head out anyway.

I had packed enough for a 2 week stay, I swear!  Anyone else do that?  I mean, I know that for Diabetics there is alway "extra" stuff, but boy sometimes I think I over do it!

Anyway,  by the time I got one daughter to work, and the other daughter back home (she's one of the group of 9), I was ready to just do nothing.  

Of course that's not possible, as I had all my unpacking to do.  Deciding to do that and then either go for a dip or perhaps catch a few zzz's, I got to work.

It was site change day and so before my nap (choose to nap first and swim after dinner), I got all my stuff out, and set about changing my site.  Of course that includes new cartridge, new infusion set, blah blah blah.  Everything went like normal, and withing 10 minutes I had set the alarm for an hour and was trying to flake out.

Woke up 2 hrs later, feeling refreshed.  

I made myself some dinner, and was just tidying up when my pumped buzzed at me.

I was getting a "pump not primed. no delivery" warning.  hmmm.  I unattached myself, and went into the pump.  I primed about 3units and it seemed to be fine.  Hooked back up and thought about going for a swim.

I didn't stay in the water long.  By now the sun had moved and it was getting a little cooler.  I got out and was just sitting, drying off when the pump buzzed again!    What was going on??  I did the whole unattach, prime, reattach thing and thought that was that.   I did notice that the screen seemed to have some condensation in there, but was that the problem?  

This happened again just before I left to pick up my daughter from work, and once more while I was driving.  I just quickly hit "confirm" and decided I would call Animas when I arrived home.

I disconnected from the pump and called the 877 number on the back.  A very nice woman answered and after talking with her, and describing the issue, we went over a few things.  She determined that I would need a new pump, because she thought there may be a tiny hairline crack somewhere.  Because I am in Canada, she would have to have someone call me back and make the arrangements for the pump's delivery.  I was fine with that.  When asked if there was anything else she could do, I mentioned the problems I had had over the weekend with the meter and she said she would have someone call me regarding that as well.  

I was quite pleased with the service I received, and waited for the calls from Animas Canada, and LifeScan Canada. 

About 10 minutes later, I got a call from Tricia.  We went over a couple of things and then she asked if I would like a pump that night.  I was shocked and said that would be awesome.  She asked what colour mine was and I told her green.  She said they had green, would I like that?  Yes!!  She then told me she would call me back in about 10 minutes with the shippping information. 

Sure enough, 10 minutes later she called and said my new pump would arrive at my house by 1am.  Probably closer to midnight but just in case there were problems on the highway.

I was amazed and so glad.  I didn't want to have to go on injections even for 1 day!  

I thanked her profusely and told her how impressed I was with Animas Canada's Customer Service.  

I then went about making sure I had all my basal info and I:C and IS stuff written down before the pump just died completely on me.  

The next call came from LifeScan, and Tim determined that the strips must have been faulty, so they are sending me a package of 100 strips to replace the ones that wouldn't work!  How cool is that?!!

At 12:30am, my pump arrived!  There was a knock on the door and nice older gentleman asked me to sign for my delivery!  I thanked him and as he got in his vehicle I shut the door and jumped up and down!!  

I was and still am, so impressed with Animas!  I have been very lucky with my pump, and this is the first problem I have had.  

They came to my rescue and were so pleasant to work with!

I will be writing a letter to them to tell them about my awesome experience with them!

ANIMAS ROCKS!!!!

 



 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your pump hit the dust but wow, great service from Animas!

    ReplyDelete